Blessed Little Grooming Company, LLC is a full service grooming salon for all pets. It is our goal to provide professional personalized grooming services for you and your pet.
What you should know about pet grooming.
- Grooming training should start as soon as you take your pet home. Schedule a welcome home appointment and come in for an introductory visit and a nail trim and ear cleaning.
- Regular grooming helps keep the pets coat clean and free of debris and matts, promotes good skin and coat health and reduces stress. Dogs who are groomed regularly are more comfortable with grooming. Grooming matted hair, over grown nails, etc is uncomfortable and even painful. Regular grooming is 12 weeks or less.
- Pet grooming can be a positive experience for your pet. Like most all of your pets activities, they need to be trained how to be groomed. We do this with every visit, working to give your pet a positive grooming experience. You can help by giving your pet positive encouragement at drop off and pick up, and continuing the training at home with basic maintenance.
What our services include.
- All pets are washed in one of the natural shampoo/conditioning recipes from our signature shampoo line. We have been using Smokey Mountain Naturals for 15 years!
- All of our grooming packages include a warm massaging bath, nails trimed and dremelled to remove sharp edges and prevent splintering, ears cleaned and plucked if needed, anal glands are checked, emptied externally if needed. The bathing process removes dander and loose coat. We use a high velocity air dryer to remove water and more of the dander and loose coat. Most dogs are hand dried. This ensures the best coat conditions possible
- All trimming is done on a clean dry coat after the bath. Standard trimming is on the paws (top and bottom), hygiene areas such as the under belly, under the tail and inside the ears. We also trim the corners of the eyes and around the lips. If your pet requires head and/or body trimming we can style your pet in a variety of ways. Don’t be afraid to ask for ideas or bring a photo of your own.
- We do not use perfumes and colognes. These can not only aggravate allergies for some pet owners, but many perfumes can aggravate skin allergies and sensitive skin irritations in dogs. Some of our products do have a scent, that doesn’t aggravate allergies. If you prefer a cologne or perfume, we do keep some on hand, please request it upon pick up.
What to expect on your visit.
- Appointments are scheduled between 9am and 2pm. Pick up is generally 3-4 hours after drop off, longer for multiple pet households. Because we are a small company, we like to allow time for check in/ check out, grooming, cleaning, taking appointments etc.
- We accept cash or credit/debit card. We are set up to take online payments via square at no additional charge. We do not take checks.
- While your pet is with us they are rotated through the steps of the grooming. We like new dogs to acclimate themselves to the salon, so we let them walk around and explore the grooming areas for a few minutes after arrival. When they are not in the tub or on a grooming table they will hang out in a wire crate or walk in kennel in our kennel room. We do not allow pets to play together.
- We recommenced you set up your next appointment before you leave. Our salon is growing, and appointments are filling up fast.
Blessed Little Grooming Company LLC uses the safest, most natural grooming products. All of our products are tested on us first. I am confident that what goes on your pet is safe for them, ourselves and our water sources. Our Signature Shampoos are inspired by the Great Smoky Mountains. We have retail sizes available for your use at home.
Deep Forest Almond Shampoo ~Our Standard Shampoo~ It’s a very gentle chemistry recipe general purpose, deep cleansing shampoo that is not at all stripping. You will find that it is quite conditioning to pet’s skin and to bather’s hands, even in severe winter environments. Deep Forest Almond shampoo has a fabulous lasting toasted almond aroma. It may even be used safely on kittens & puppies.
Deep Forest Almond Conditioner ~ Leave in or rinse off protein rich recipe made with honey and oils from olives, sunflower plants and jojoba seeds. This is a good product for drop coated breeds
High Meadow Eucalyptus Shampoo ~ A deep cleansing, degreasing shampoo that exhibits excellent deodorizing qualities helping to naturally alleviate “doggie” odor and the stench of urine. It even helps quite well with skunk odor. Naturally occurring eucalyptus aroma, no added fragrance. The recipe is 100% pesticide free and even contains a small quantity of the main ingredient used in the Especial Greene Shampoo. Authentic Eucalyptus Oil, which is naturally acidic & therefore beneficial to fungal conditions, combined with authentic Tea Tree Oil that provides soothing relief to bitten, irritated skin & hot spots. Not recommended for cats or kittens.
Especial Green Shampoo ~ For the 4th source of itchiness… Pests! ~ Extremely fast and effective formulations that will help to relieve and eliminate scratching, itching and further trauma due to insect bites, especially fleas, ticks & lice as well as other skin irritations. They are completely pesticide free and 100% non-toxic. May be used safely on kittens, puppies, nursing animals, in the presence of flea control products, during animal worming and as often as desired. Especial Greene Shampoo has a mild cleansing base that leaves the fur soft & shiny and is very gentle on both the pet’s skin and the bather’s hands. Especial Greene Shampoo has a spearmint fragrance.
Vanilla Oatmeal Rinse ~ A dematting, desheddng, static reducing conditioning rinse. Excellent for double coated and flat coated breeds
White Tea Toilet Water Spray (Toilette is French for cleaning up, washing, shaving etc) ) Smoky Mountains Naturals White Tea Toilet Water is the perfect compliment for after bath, grooming or just as a freshen up. It has quick, sharp citrus notes in its front profile and subtle sweet floral tones as a pleasant background. White Tea Toilet Water is neither too masculine nor too feminine. May be used on on cats or dogs but is not recommended for kittens or puppies.
*cologne available upon request due to human and pet sensitivity to scents.
Cat Grooming Packages Cat Grooming includes deep cleansing massage bath, fluff dry, nails trimming, ear cleaning, sanitary trimming (paw pads and genitals) coat brushed and combed and haircut if desired
Spa Bath Package Spa Bath Package includes deep cleansing massage bath and undercoat blow out, nails trimmed and dremeled, ears cleaned, anal glands expressed (if needed), sanitary trimming (paw pads and genitals) coat brushed and combed.
Mini Grooming Package Mini Grooming includes deep cleansing massage bath, undercoat blow out, nails trim and dremeled, ears cleaned, anal glands expressed (if needed), sanitary trimming (paw pads and genitals) coat brushed and combed and light trimming on head/face or belly/haunches
Full Grooming Package Full Grooming includes deep cleansing massage bath, undercoat blow out, nails trim and dremeled, ears cleaned, anal glands expressed (if needed), sanitary trimming (paw pads and genitals) coat brushed and combed and full body haircut.
Small Animal Grooming We also offer services for rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs and other pocket pets, such as nail trimming, ear cleaning brushing and even bathing.
All Grooming package prices are based on your pets individual needs. Factors such as size, temperament, condition of coat, frequency and complexity of grooming determine grooming prices.
General price quotes are Guidelines for standard size breeds in normal coat condition: example a beagle sized chihuahua will be charged beagle prices. Matted pets, or pets with special needs may be charged extra.
A LA Carte Services ~ Walk ins welcome if time allows ~
$9.44 each option, 2 for $15.09, 3 for $18.87. if you need more than 3 we suggest a grooming package.
Nail Trim and File, Ear Cleaning, Anal Gland Expression, Sanitary Trim, Face Trim, Paw Trim
Pooch Pawlish~ 2 paws $5 4 paws $10
Color Splash~ ( dab of color on ears, feet or tail) $5 each
Creative Styling ~$50 and up
We recommend your pet be on a monthly flea/tick prevention. Kentucky weather doesn’t allow much of a downtime for those nasty pests. If your pet comes into the salon with fleas or ticks, your pet will be washed in our Especial shampoo. This will only treat the pests on the pet and will not work as a preventative, but it’s safe enough to use with all known treatments. There is a $10 charge as extra precautions need to be taken to ensure we do not have any sharing of fleas/ticks.
Self Service Pet Wash
Private salon quality waist high pet shower. Price includes choice of one of our natural pet shampoos, professional pet dryer, bathing apron, towels and bathing tools. First pet is $12.27, additional pets are $6.61. Self wash with nail trim is $19.81